Early detection of skin cancers provides the best chance of successful treatment and survival.
Despite all of the skin cancer warnings, the reality is most people simply forget to do regular self-examinations on their skin. This makes monitoring changes to moles, freckles and spots increasingly difficult and it increases the risk of letting a deadly Melanoma go undetected.
However, it is important to know what to look for on your skin. Check your skin once a month for the following signs of change:
- A mole or freckle that stands out from the rest or ‘The Ugly Duckling’
- New or changing mole or freckle
- Non healing sores
- A mole or spot that is persistently bleeding
- A mole or freckle that has changed in size, shape or colour
- A persistent inflamed, itching, or scaly sore, or one that recurs
Even if you notice only one of the symptoms listed, you should report this to your Doctor as soon as possible. The risk of letting a skin cancer go unnoticed is simply not worth it. Contact us today at: 02 9299 7777 to organise a full body skin check.